General Scientific Corporation 2013 All rights reserved.
DOI/NBC Open Market Corridor (OMC) Contract - Registered Contractor
Open Market Corridor (OMC) operates under contract number NBCHD020037 issued from the Department of Interior/National Business Center (DOI/NBC) in Fort Huachuca, AZ. The OMC is a project sponsored by the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) in Monterey, CA.
Contracting authority for OMC flows from Department of Interior/National Business Center (DOI/NBC) in Fort Huachuca, AZ. The contracting officer has the authority and option to delegate Administrative Contract Authority (ACO) for use on the OMC to any Federal Government employee with a contracting warrant.
OMC operates to demonstrate a web-based procurement system compliant with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) for government acquisition, with multiple task and delivery orders being transacted through one Prime Contract.
Networld Exchange (Networld) is the Prime Contractor (Prime) on this Multiple Agency Contract (MAC), which is Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ).
Key Points and Advantages:
· All vendors who receive awards through OMC become Networld subcontractors.
· Any agency of the United States Federal Government (Government) may use OMC. The contract can be used to procure commercial products or services as defined in FAR Part 12.
· The OMC contract was competed in compliance with FAR Part 15 and awarded to Networld in July 2002.
· The OMC contract will extend to the year 2017 if all options are exercised.
· OMC has as its origins Research & Development (R&D) in acquisition reform, rapid acquisition and the use of e-commerce methods in the Federal Government. OMC remains an R&D project operated under the auspices of a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) between Naval Postgraduate School and Networld.
· Networld received zero up-front payment for development of OMC.
· The primary difference between OMC and other MACs is that Networld is the only Prime on the contract, and the Government is allowed to direct buys to Networld subcontractors through OMC.
· Networld is reimbursed entirely by fees generated when the Government completes a transaction through OMC.
· Networld is under contract to continually version, upgrade and maintain OMC throughout the life of the contract.